20 Easy Ways to Reduce Stress
by Rochelle Griffin
We live in a crazy, fast-paced world. Often this leads to the inevitability of stress…whether in the form of our food choices or the emotional pressures that we feel. Either way, this stress will cause pre-mature aging and eventual physical symptoms if we don’t do something about it. For this reason, I’m a huge advocate in taking time to relax and let the stress wash away.
Whenever I mention that you need to reduce stress regularly, I’m often then asked HOW to accomplish it when, again, we live crazy busy lives.
Here’s the reality: Taking time to relax isn’t a passive act. It’s something that you have to purposefully do. You may even need to schedule into your calendar…get a babysitter, ask your spouse, family, or friends…do what you need to do to carve out even an hour a week for yourself.
Here are 20 simple and free (or low cost) ideas to reduce the effects of stress in your life:
- Put on headphones and dance it out
- Start a journal
- Take a bath with essential oils
- Go to a museum all by yourself and really take time to look at everything
- Try your hand at a new hobby such as painting, sculpting, or jewelry making
- Take a walk
- Go for a bike ride and explore your neighborhood
- Have a girls’ night out
- Get a new book and actually read it!
- Do your nails yourself or get a manicure
- Go to the local makeup counter at the mall & get a makeover
- Go to a movie that your spouse has no interest in seeing. (This is how I saw all the Twilight movies…just sayin.)
- Find a park and go swing
- Get a massage (super cheap if you live by a massage school)
- Take a nap
- Read magazines at the library
- Make a dream board and post it somewhere prominent in your home
- Married folks, have sex (I can hear spouses all over the world shouting YES!)
- Take a detox from social media for the day
These are only a few ways to relax but are enough to get your creative juices flowing. Don’t skimp on “me” time. When you make the effort to care for yourself, emotionally & physically, you’ll be in a better place to handle your day-to-day stress. It will be win-win, not just for you but for everyone around you.A Toast to Your Health,
She founded both GoFitCoach, Inc. & Your Best Life, Inc. with her husband Keith after stepping onto the edge of financial & physical ruin. Having experienced a complete turn-around, they now desire to give hope & support to those who are dissatisfied with their current situation.
PS. If you found this post to be of any value to you, please COMMENT below!